Metech Consulting employ qualified asbestos assessors to undertake air monitoring, clearance inspections, preparation of site asbestos registers and asbestos in soil testing and management.
Improperly managed asbestos issues can result in work delays, hefty fines and most importantly, a risk to human health and safety. For this reason, it is crucial to engage suitably qualified consultants who have appropriate, asbestos-specific training and experience.
Metech Consulting employ qualified asbestos assessors, experienced in air monitoring, clearance inspections and the issuing of clearance certificates for removal of friable and bonded asbestos.
We are a team of contamination experts and have worked on a wide variety of asbestos management projects. Our expertise includes:
- Identification of the presence of asbestos and confirmation through NATA-accredited laboratory testing
- Asbestos air monitoring and management of the risk of exposure to asbestos in the workplace
- Inspections and surveys of commercial, residential and industrial sites
- Assessment of the risk posed by the presence of identified asbestos and preparation of site asbestos registers
- Asbestos in soil testing and contaminated soil management
- Asbestos Clearance Certificates: When asbestos is removed, asbestos clearance certificates provide certainty that an area is safe for reoccupation. Our assessors are qualified to visually inspect and use a range of measuring devices to identify hazards, inspect risks and ensure that subject area is safe.
Our clearance inspections are undertaken in accordance with Safe Work Australia ‘Code of Practice: How to Safely Remove Asbestos’ 2016.
- Asbestos Air Monitoring: The National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (NOHSC) recommend that asbestos air monitoring should be performed whenever ACM is being removed.
We conduct all of our air monitoring in accordance with the NOHSC ‘Guidance Note on the Membrane Filter Method for Estimating Airborne Asbestos Fibres 2nd Edition [NOHSC:3003(2005)]’ April 2005.
- Hazardous Material Survey (Asbestos Register): Our survey reports include a Hazardous Materials Register which contains the results of the inspection in an easy-to-read format, indicating the location, type, extent and condition of any hazardous materials detected. Our reports also include laboratory analysis of samples collected during the inspection, and recommendations for the type of action which may be required for any hazardous materials identified.
All of our Hazardous Materials Surveys are prepared in accordance with the Safe Work Australia ‘Code of Practice: How to Manage and Control Asbestos in the Workplace’ 2016.
- We also offer a range of soil assessment and waste classification services regarding asbestos management and environmental assessment.